St Albans Ride 8th Oct 2026

 What a great day for a ride, the weather was perfect, my front wheel problems solved and no little piggy’s out to spoil our fun.

 

Around 15 riders met at Berowra with our tall Irish lad having sent a letter from his mum saying he is going to be late because he has to make his bed. Paul did handstands when I said there was no need for corner marking as we all had travelled our planned route many times.

 

The old road had. A few cars, I thought they were banned on Thursdays or at least should be. They did not hold us up much and the pace was approved by Andy, who complained of the slow pace on my last lead.

 

Regroup at Calga where we had the chance to admire the scenery and cool our engines. Peter C had joined us and was being super careful to not bring attention to himself due to his licence issues.

 

There sadly was a death on a 4 lane wide section before George Mobbs drive, fortunately not one of us but a suicidal Echidna met with the front wheel of one of our riders. A few spines had to be removed from the tyre but no damage. Very sad, the Government is a warning to look out for wild life as they are more active due to spring.

 

Smoko at the Mangrove Hub Where Alan joined us. A good run to Wisemans despite a few cars and a caravan.

 

The brave few continued on through the dirt section to St Albans. Nothing like gravel on hard packed dirt to tighten the sphincter. Meanwhile Kim was causing trouble on the ferry by pulling in front of a ute driven by a feral local. Threats of being run off the road if any of the riders got in front of him. The ferry master stepped in and was going to stand in front of the ute until all riders go off, but Ritcho had a better idea which was to let the old barstard go. Well done Ritcho.

 

After lunch most headed back via the Ferry’s. I had parked next to the tables and as I found out, on very soft sand.  Hard right and some throttle dug the front wheel in and I ended up lying the bike down. Peter W coaxed me into taking the Bucketty road which had no surprises. Again, hard packed with varying level of gravel, not any sand that I noticed. A quick trip retracing the road from this morning to the Pie. Peter and I were there about 30 minutes before Kim arrived. He mentioned the Berowra ferry was out of action due the emergency repairs, I hope that doesn’;t become a common event as that is my preferred method to get to Berowra. We finished our drinks and headed for home.

 

Thank you all for joining me on a very enjoyable day.

 

Andrew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eleebana Ride 3rd July 2025

Ave Atque Vale Bob Yonge

PADPAL from Berowra 23rd April 2026

Broke Ride 27th Feb 2025

Catherine Hill Bay Ride 11th Jan 2024