Gerroa Ride 20th Aug 2026

 Oops I’ve had another seniors moment…..forgot all about submitting my ride report until I was awaken at 5am this morning thinking about my early onset something or other and the effects of such!

 

Anyway it started out a beautiful day, the sun was shinning, the Birds were singing, the Bees were buzzing and the hills were alive with the sound of music……hmmmm not really sure Julie Andrew’s is a good fit for a knarly bunch of hard arsed motorcyclists.

 

Anyway seven candidates rocked up to Maccas Heathcoate. Rod provided us with a 20 min dissertation on how wonderful the new BMW R1300GS is and its reliability / technical capabilities as well as his glowing remarks about Procycles! 

 

The ride eventually commenced with a spirited lap through the national park, down the highway and upwards to the Robertson Pie shop for morno’s. We were blessed with virtually no traffic on the way up until I stopped behind a bus at some road works. This instigated a treasonous coup whereby the whole pack nipped around in front of the bus and in a nano second I had been relegated to TEC. I did however manage to get in front of the designated TEC by the time we arrived at the Pie shop.

 

Then it was onwards down Pearson Lane, through Kangaroo Valley, up and over Berry mountain, through Berry and to our destination, Gerroa. We stopped at a beautiful reserve on the Gerroa estuary - well worth repeating. The usual banter took place and Stephen regaled us with a story about how he fearlessly swam with this viscous shark that was as big as a bus. For the record, the only thing true in that story was it was a bus sized shark, but the Whale version that wouldn’t hurt a fly. Moreover, the term of ‘swimming’ Is a gross exaggeration! It was more like an unsuspecting insect splashing about furiously attempting to escape certain death. I believe he was then thrown a noodle which dramatically reduced the level of panicked splashing.

 

It was then a quick run for home as some darkened clouds appeared but not a drop of rain was to be had.

 

A big thank you to Stephen for taking on TEC duties and I hope that all enjoyed the day as much as I did.

 

Cheers

 

Wayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infantry Museum Ride 13th Aug 1026

Batemans Bay 2 Day Ride 6-7th August 2026

Nords Wharf Ride 8th Feb 2024

Sunday 23rd June 2024 - Kitchener Hotel Ride that wasn't!!!

Frazer Beach Ride 15th Feb 2024